If this skin cream was on the market, it would blow the competition out of the water. There's nothing synthetic or chemical in it. Frankincense is known for its super skin promoting skills (yes, those are real skills). If you don't know all the amazing benefits of Frankincense, just google it, you will be amazed. Add a little Lavender for extra skin support, equals skin-tastic feeling!
Did you know that a ton of popular skin moisturizers actually cause cancer? Ugh, I know. We need to be extra careful with ANYTHING we put on our skin. Read labels, use the "Think Dirty" app to see just how toxic your over the counter skin creams and lotions are.
If you love to make homemade products, this one is super easy and super luxurious. I absolutely love this skin cream because I know every single ingredient in it and it actually promotes healthy skin firming and smoothing. All ingredients that will not harm your body and actually promote healthy appearing skin.
Homemade Skin Smoothing Cream
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (I buy mine here)
- 1/4 cup Shea Butter (I buy mine here)
- 15-20 drops Frankincense
- 1/4 tsp Almond Oil (I buy mine here)
- 8 drops Lavender
- 10 drops Joy Blend (optional but awesome)
1. Use a double boiler, or do create your own with one pot inside the other. Fill water in the bottom pot.
2. Melt the shea butter and coconut oil together.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for about 30 minutes.
4. Once cool, add Frankincense and Lavender essential oils and stir.
5. Wait until it's partially solid (refrigerate if necessary) then whip with a hand mixer until you achieve a butter-like consistency (few minutes).
6. Store in a 4 oz glass jar (I got mine for $1 at Target). This should keep for 6-12 months.
Optional: If you don’t have shea butter, use Cocoa Butter. Be warned chocolate-lovers, will have a chocolate scent.
To learn more about essential oils, check out Intro to Essential oils Page.